We're here to help you succeed. Here are some resources and services available to our students on campus that may benefit you as well.
The Academic Support Center provides free tutoring to online APSU students. Help with most core subjects and upper-division courses is available. Please email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Military members and their dependents may receive free online assistance 24/7 from www.tutor.com in addition to the support they receive from APSU.
The Writing Center
Provides free individual assistance with any paper, for any class, in any writing style, for online APSU students. To submit your assignment to the Writing Center, please email: email@example.com.
All submissions must be sent from your APSU email account. (Our staff will not work on submissions sent from other accounts.) Submissions should include the following information:
- Your name & A number
- The assignment
- The writing style used
- Any areas you are particularly concerned about and would like the tutor to focus on
Our goal is to provide you with a response within 48 hours. However, please be aware that we are closed on Sundays, so it may take longer to return papers at the beginning of the week. When submitting online, be sure you allow enough time to have the paper returned and to edit as necessary afterward. If you want to send multiple papers, please send each as a separate submission so no paper will be inadvertently overlooked.
- Assistance in writing all sorts of papers, regardless of subject or type of course
- Instruction in various writing styles, i.e., MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, ASA, etc.
- Review of written papers and guidance for correcting errors in grammar, structure, vocabulary, formatting, documenting, and other issues related to academic writing
- Recommendation of strategies for writing improvement and/or correction. (Note: Tutors do not format, edit, proofread, or revise students’ papers.)
- Please note: The Writing Center's objective is to help students learn to write better. In order to achieve this objective, tutors will focus on two or three types of mistakes on any given visit, rather than try to help students "fix the paper."
Students experiencing technical issues with Austin Peay State University online courses or programs can contact the Technology Help Desk by calling 931-221-HELP (4357) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. After-hours phone assistance is available Monday - Thursday, 4:30 - 10 p.m., and on Sunday from 2 - 10 p.m.
Students enrolled in Austin Peay State University online programs can explore all the resources of the on-campus Felix G. Woodward Library, including databases, journals and research tools.
For assistance with access to library materials, visit http://library.apsu.edu/ or call 931-221-7346.
Students who will complete all degree requirements must apply for graduation by the application deadline date for the semester in which they intend to graduate. If you want to have your diploma mailed or have general graduation questions, please email email@example.com.